‘Shelton Green’ is the proposed development by Chartwell Land and New Homes Ltd for a scheme comprising circa 150 family homes located within close proximity to Warlingham Village Green. The purpose of the website is to inform local residents and interested parties of the intended plans for the site and encourage suggestions, feedback and questions on the proposals prior to a formal submission of an application by Autumn 2021.
The site has already been through an extensive examination process with Tandridge District Council and draft allocated for residential development as part of their Emerging Local Plan 2033. A LIVE virtual presentation will take place at 6.30pm on Thursday 9th September 2021 where proposals will be presented by the team in more detail.
Got a question or enquiry:
History of the Site
The site measures approximately 15 acres (6.06 hectares) in total and comprises two pieces of land. The proposed access is located on vacant land between 265 and 267 Hillbury Road with the majority of the development to be built on land formerly known as Shelton Sports Club (currently accessed off Shelton Close) which has always been privately owned with no access to the public. This land has been vacant for over a decade and has been a constant target for vandalism and arson.
Article of past arson attack from June 2015:
Benefits of the scheme:
- Utilising well located vacant land for future family housing
- Focus on smaller 2 and 3 bed homes to meet the growing demand of young families and downsizers
- Site has already been draft allocated by Tandridge as part of their emerging Local Plan 2033 and therefore already meet the strict criteria for release for future housing.
- 40% of the scheme will be for much needed affordable housing
- Play Area and Jogging Trim Trail for Warlingham Community to use
- Improved links to local village and mainline railway stations
- Dedicated wildlife area and Sustainable drainage system on site
- Contribution to local infrastructure via s106 legal agreement with the Council
- Commitment to provide additional sports provision to Warlingham Rugby Club including the gifting circa 3 acres of land to provide two junior rugby pitches, improve drainage to existing pitches and enhance existing facilities to provide dedicated female changing area.